The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool:
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool is an award-winning curriculum for preschool success. Comprising The Foundation, five research-based volumes that provide the knowledge base of the curriculum, and the Daily Resources, which offer step-by-step guidance in the form of Teaching Guides and additional daily teaching tools, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool is fully aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework and state early learning standards.
Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool:
- is based on 38 objectives for development and learning, which are fully aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework as well as early learning standards for every state.
- presents knowledge-building volumes and daily practice resources in tandem, giving every educator the “what,” “why” and “how” of early childhood education.
- offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- addresses all the important areas of learning, from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts, and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
- offers daily, built-in opportunities for observation, helping teachers and administrators clearly see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
- offers complete support for working with English- and dual-language learners, including detailed guidance that helps to build teachers’ knowledge about best practices.
- contains guidance for working with all learners, including advanced learners and children with disabilities.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool Components
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool: The Foundation provides the theory and research foundation of the curriculum and helps teachers set up their classrooms. They contain everything teachers need to know in order to build and implement a high-quality preschool program.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool: Daily Resources provide step-by-step guidance in the form of Teaching Guides, Intentional Teaching Cards™, and additional daily teaching tools. These resources offer a wealth of ideas and detailed plans for filling every day with meaningful and engaging experiences for all of the children in your program.
Six Teaching Guides provide daily support for the entire school year, offering comprehensive, detailed plans that each span several weeks and guide teachers moment-by-moment through the day.
Intentional Teaching Cards provide playful and engaging activities with directions to help teachers individualize each activity to meet the unique needs of every learner.
Mighty Minutes™ help teachers turn every minute of the day into learning opportunities, intentionally promoting language, literacy, math, science, social studies, and physical skills during “in-between” times.
The Teaching Strategies Children’s Book Collection features beloved classic tales, contemporary works by award-winning authors and illustrators, and original nonfiction titles for use during high-quality read-alouds. Download a list of all the books in the Children's Book Collection. (PDF)
Book Discussion Cards™ explain how to read and talk about selected books in the Teaching Strategies Children’s Book Collection, helping teachers make the most of repeated, interactive read-alouds with children.
The Teaching Strategies Children’s eBook Collection (DVD) features English and Spanish titles in the Children’s Book Collection that have been adapted for the eLearning environment.
The Resource Organizer is a specially designed binder in which resources for the day can be assembled, keeping them close at hand.
The Getting Started DVD offers a brief introduction and overview of each component of the System to help every educator begin implementation.
The Guide to The Creative Curriculum System for Preschool provides a thorough overview of each System component and explains how everything works together to help teachers build high-quality programs for children.
The Classroom and Family Resources CD-ROM offers built-in opportunities to involve families, containing Letters to Families, Weekly Plans, and LearningGames® in both English and Spanish.